Sunday, July 21, 2013

Before Soph posts her next blog entry, I wanted to help paint the picture of who you are dealing with here.  She is not typical.  She is extraordinary.  She will do amazing and beautiful things with this world.  This Mother's Day Card illustrates just how deep and profound my kid is.  I love that she still asks for my opinion when struggling with a social issue at school and that she actually takes my advice.  We have a connection, one that I hope holds strong through the next few years as she shuffles her way through puberty and increased independence.

I am going to use this blog not only as an outlet for her writing but also to capture just how unique of a girl she is.  I will write those posts and add pictures when possible.  Thanks for your interest and support as she shares her "voice".  I just loved reading her replies to each of you...she just cracks me up!

2 comments:

  1. I think it's outstanding when our children do something unexpected! Especially when it shows us the caliber of our own parenting. Well done teaching Soph how to be such a loving child!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is adorable. It is so much fun to watch them grow and become young women. Their independence emerges, their frustration with adolescence still makes them need mom, and the gray hairs are totally worth it. If I make it through 14 with my daughter, I will feel triumph!

    ReplyDelete