Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Good idea then...why not now?


Oh my gosh!!! You guys!! I just logged into Blogger to create a new blog and I found I already had an account!! Not just an account...but an existing blog! Three years ago, I started a blog and never published it but it was the BEST.IDEA.EVER! I am going to go with it as I love the vision and think it is even more important now. Here is the draft post that I had started back in 2010:
My idea is this…get my seven year old daughter a blog. I read the terms and conditions and found this is not acceptable use. Therefore, I (much older than 13) will manage the site and ask her to write the posts. I may find out that this too is unacceptable and if so…see you in six years.
She has a gift. The gift of wit and humor. She also loves to write but has limited opportunity outside of school. I LOVE blogs but am not confident enough to start my own. Hence, I will pawn it off on her. It will also encourage her to journal her life experiences, help to share with family, those life experiences and build her confidence in her own writing so at to not be like me!
*****
I’m obsessed with blogs with witty names and think I hit it out of the park with my name…bloggerinthemaking! How creative…right?
So, I will feature my now 10 year old’s writings, musings and creations and possibly begin to add my three year old son’s beginning adventures as a writer and a maker.
I’m so eager to hear what you think. I can’t wait to remind my daughter of this project that we started so long ago. I think it will be a great summer project and one that may take root and last for quite some time.
Stay tuned for her maiden blog post!  

3 comments:

  1. This is going to be so much fun to follow. I am definitely going to try to get my friend with the twins to post her "Chloeisms and Emmaisms". They are hysterical. Looking forward to yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Lisa- Kids say the funniest thing because they haven't developed the buffers that adults have. I love the AT&T commercials, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this blog idea and can't wait to read your posts. It will be such a different addition to our class: a blog in the eyes of a child.

    ReplyDelete