Friday, July 26, 2013

Bad weather= no hiking/camping trip!

Well, I'm disappointed to report that Mother Nature didn't cooperate with our camping/hiking plans for the weekend.  We have had to postpone our trip and are feeling pretty disappointed.

Soph is working on her next post, so stay tuned!  She has been busy this last week at gymnastics camp.  We had a big discussion about attention seeking behaviors when she came home with her wrist wrapped with pre wrap for...a BLISTER!  My husband and I were both pleased with her behavior as we talked to her about all the experiences we have had with students who always "liked" to be injured.  Do you remember being 10 and wanting to get attention for injuries?  Fake injuries?  I do.  And I really hope my kid finds other ways to get attention.  Or did you avoid attention?  Any advice on handling this well?

3 comments:

  1. What a bummer. We just had a terrible storm with flash flooding last night. I was glad to be inside with the lightning flashing all around. I remember the days when Zoe would come home from gymnastics with something wrapped and talk about how life threatening her injury was. It would only be a scratch or a slight sprain. Now, at 14, all she wants to do is blend into the background! She is my little drama queen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not surprised that you were rained out! It's been raining all summer!

    I think you did a great job opening the discussion with Soph about attention seeking behavior. I think the best method is definitely identifying the behavior and talking it out. Good job, mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a shame that the trip got cancelled. Will you reschedule?

    ReplyDelete