Thursday, August 22, 2013


I have been waiting/training for this weekend for the last several months!  On Sunday, I will run in my first half marathon!  As of last November, I hadn't run 13.1 miles in as many years let alone inside of 2 hours.  That's right...turns out... girl is fast!  Well, faster than a 34 year old who just picked up running should be anyway!  I will be running The Blueberry Cove Half Marathon at 7:30 Sunday morning!  By the time the Catholics have taken communion I will have been running beside my cousin (who is also my running coach/mentor) for more than one hundred and twenty-one thousand feet!  Only one problem, my hip has been giving me the slightest bit of trouble...it's not an injury...yet!  I am going to stretch, massage and baby this freaking hip to a degree that will surely annoy my family but I don't care!  I must run this sucker!  Stay tuned!  My goal is to average eight and a half minute miles but this may be a bit ambitious...we shall see!

2 comments:

  1. How impressive. I wish you the best of luck. Take care of that hip and don't forget to pamper yourself. Keep us posted of your success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!I love to do mud runs! I am definitely not in shape right now though. I have a 5 month old and I have got to get back into the exercise groove! I am wanting to do a mud run in September so we will see. Good luck and I hope your hip holds out!

    ReplyDelete